Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 5-Blog

http://simplysweetsaz.blogspot.com/

       This blog that I found is similar to what I have in mind for my entrepreneurship idea. The writer of the blog, Dana Brown, is the owner of Simply Sweets. It is a blog that talks and sells sweets, for example, cupcakes, brownies, cakes, and etc. They have specials depending on the upcoming holiday. Currently their specials are heavily promoted with Halloween ideas since Halloween is coming up in three weeks. Their homepage is promoting cake decorating class for Halloween, which gives consumers an option to learn and decorate their own cakes for Halloween.
       This blog gives me a very warm and joyful feeling because of the background, green and orange polka-dots. It is simple, but yet it attracts my attention because the blog isn't overdramatized with pictures of their products. The writer knows how to organize the information being presented. It is very easy to find contact information, pictures, pricing, and different events they have baked for.
       Just by looking at the pictures, I would want to order because the products look very delicious. If my website/blog had the same effect as Simply Sweets, I'm sure I would be able to make a decent amount of money. Dana Brown is very creative with the designs of the cakes and cupcakes. If I were to start the online sweet shop, I would definitely use her ideas of different events and holidays as promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment