Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blog 4-Input, Output.

      With an online business, it is very important in how we input and output our information and data from customers. We do not have direct contact so everything would have to be done via the Internet. Some input devices that we might use are keyboards, mice, Google Wallet, and perhaps Google Maps also. Since Google Wallet is newly introduced, I would consider Google Wallet as a form of payment. Customers would be able to pay when we deliver their orders to them, instead of punching their credit card numbers online. I believe that customers would feel more secure if we offer Google Wallet as a form of payment. Google Maps would enable the deliverers to be able to find locations easily.
     Even though this is an online business, I still need to have a storage area for my supplies and ingredients. To prevent not being able to find ingredients and supplies I need when the storage area gets disorganized, I would use RFID. I would put a tag on every group of products so later on I would be able to locate them with an interrogator or scanner. It makes it easier to know how much supplies I have remaining also.
     QR codes are also hitting the trend now. It makes it easier for consumers with smart phones to find the website of my online business. I would just have to set up a quick response code, which is simple to make, and post the code wherever it is accessible to my target customers. They could just scan it and it would direct them to the website. With the convenience, more people are willing to visit the site.

1 comment:

  1. You could also consider mobile payment options such as Square and I think the company Intuit also has a couple pay through cell phone type solutions that would open up capabilities beyond just google wallet.

    ReplyDelete