Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 2- Social World Privacy/Spreadsheet Essentials

         This week in class we talked about social world privacy and spreadsheet essentials. Though there is no such thing as being fully secured in the Internet world, some sites still try their best to fully secure users. My online business should somehow protect my customers. I have to ensure that when customers pay for their orders online, their personal information and credit card information would not leak out. Paypal would be one of the best options.
         Some customers would not know how to safely input their information during payment, so if they have a Paypal account, they can just log into their Paypal account and would not have to worry about getting their personal information stolen. I had my credit card information stolen twice but after starting to use Paypal, I felt more secured. Every customers should be secured.
         Relating to payment issues, I can use Excel to organize all the money I will be receiving and money that I will be paying for goods. As Professor Rubin showed us in class, it is easier to use the functions in Excel than to calculate everything manually. It would save me a lot of time and I can use that time to do more productive things for the business.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to also think about using excel to do inventory management as well. The idea of an online sweet shop could be popular, but the you are going to have to keep tight control over what products you have and what products you need. In regards to receiving payments, i think that you could handle a lot of that with some already existing web technology.

    ReplyDelete